Save My (Tainted) Soul?
Here’s the deal – I’m not exactly an uber-religious kinda girl, but when it comes to the big stuff, I put in an appearance. Kind of like not going to church every Sunday but giving up things for Lent… that sorta thing.
So anyway, the Holy Month is about 5 days away, and it just hit me that I’m not supposed to be reading anything smutty or scandalous for a whole 29-30 days after this Friday.
My TBR list, is HUGE, and I mean that literally… there is so much on there that even I can’t keep track of it all. But I know for a fact that I won’t be reading any of my chick-lit or adult contemporaries for a while. That’s okay.
What I need help in is figuring out what I should and shouldn’t read in my YA pile.
So here are the first 20 books on my TBR list: (I know, I’m pretty embarrassed I haven’t read most of these already. What is wrong with me?)
- Becoming Chloe – Catherine Ryan Hyde
- The Day I Killed James – Catherine Ryan Hyde
- Wintergirls – Laurie Halse Anderson
- Wings – Aprilynne Pike
- Once Dead, Twice Shy – Kim Harrison
- Love Is Hell (anthology) – Scott Westerfeld, Libba Bray, et al.
- The Explosionist – Jenny Davidson
- Madapple – Christine Meldrum
- Evermore – Alyson Noel (I kind of left this one midway earlier…)
- Swoon – Nina Malkin (LOL! Probably not reading after Friday…)
- Wondrous Strange – Lesley Livingston
- Prada and Prejudice – Mandy Hubbard
- Perfect Chemistry – Simone Elkeles (I’ve been so psyched for this one!)
- Sloane Sisters – Anna Carey
- Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead
- A Kiss in Time – Alex Flinn
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes – Maureen Johnson
- Girl At Sea – Maureen Johnson
- Broken Soup – Jenny Valentine
- Map of the Known World – Lisa Ann Sandell
Now help me out – name 5 books that I should absolutely read before Friday evening rolls around. It doesn’t matter whether you think they’re too smutty for a holy month, or if you just think I’m stupid for not reading them yet. PICK 5!
Don’t worry about length or depth or anything – I’m a quick reader and I’ll write my thoughts down to put together as a review later. All you need to tell me is what I can or can’t read. HURRY!!!
Ready, set, HELP ME!