My April In Books! (IMM)
So I may have failed miserably at BEDA ’09, but the fact that my research stipend came in last month meant that April was a fantastic month in terms of enhancing my meager book collection. I haven’t had the chance to shop for new books since… okay, well, I can’t remember the last time I was able to splurge on books. But that all changed <insert dramatic pause here> this month…
A lot of these books I’ve already read and were bought for the simple need to BookMooch, so feel free to express interest in any of the older ones (aka The Steals). The newer ones are a little pretty and harder to part with for now =D… But watch this space!
The Steals – Purchases made at the book sale from heaven, etc…
- A Bit of Fry & Laurie – transcripts of the best sketches from one of the finest shows to ever hit the BBC.
- The Guardian – Nicholas Sparks
- About A Boy – Nick Hornby (Hardcover! Now I can part with my paperback!)
- Shopaholic Abroad – Sophie Kinsella
- Cheating at Solitaire – Ally Carter
- Citizen Girl – Nicola Krauss & Emma McLaughlin
- Monday’s Child – Louise Bagshawe
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams (the one with the “Don’t Panic!” cover =D)
- The Green Mile – Stephen King
- The Pelican Brief – John Grisham
- A Time to Kill – John Grisham (lifelong devotee of the John Grisham fanhood. I’m just trying to complete my shiny paperback collection! =D)
- Twilight – Stephenie Meyer
- New Moon – Stephenie Meyer (although, technically, these are presents for my sister… who religiously checks the series out from the library once a month)
- Breathing Room – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- The Memory Keeper’s Daughter – Kim Edwards
- The Story Teller – Arthur Reid
- Stuck in Shangri-La – Kasey Michaels
- The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold
- Salem Falls – Jodi Picoult
- Mr Maybe – Jane Green
- My Friend Leonard – James Frey
- Johnny Angel – Danielle Steele
- Open House – Jill Mansell
- White Tiger – Aravind Adiga
The Received – this will probably be a little more significant this month with some of the great ones I’m expecting! Eeeek! Anticipation!
- My Little Red Book – many thanks to The Epic Rat!
The Big Buys – these are new(ish) releases that I spent most of my moolah on thanks to reviews from all you YA bloggers and others (See? Your reviews help sales! Be proud!)
- Fade – Lisa McMann (ack! I cannot even express the lengths I went to to get this one! So much love!)
- Stargazer – Claudia Gray (ditto!)
- What I Saw & How I Lied – Judy Blundell
- City of Glass – Cassandra Clare (Oh, how I heart this series!)
- Graceling – Kristin Cashore
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- Airhead – Meg Cabot
- Practice Makes Perfect – Julie James
- Love the One You’re With – Emily Giffin
- Hunted (House of Night 5) – P.C. & Kirsten Cast (this may well be the last I’ll buy of the series)
- The Summoning – Kelley Armstrong
- The Awakening – Kelley Armstrong (I’m determined not to start this series until it’s over – I can’t take the suspense anymore!)
- Wondrous Strange – Lesley Livingston
- Luxe – Anna Godberson
- Rumors – Anna Godbersen
- Envy – Anna Godbersen
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth – Carrie Ryan
- Evermore – Alyson Noel
- Fragile Eternity – Melissa Marr (have the first two, but haven’t read them yet. This is probably the next on my TBR list)
- The Vampire Diaries: Nightfall – L.J. Smith
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox – Mary E. Pearson
And as Porky would say, Th-Th-The-uh-The-uh That’s All Folks! Join me again next month as I gloat and preen over my new acquisitions for May.
What do you guys think? Where should I start?
PS. I’m being lazy with pictures. I’ll edit this later today with the rest of the book covers added.